Cooking fires leave properties smoke-logged in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
FIREFIGHTERS dealt with two cooking-related fires last week in St Albans, which left properties heavily smoke logged.
A frying pan, presumed to have been left unattended, set ablaze in a New House Park kitchen just after 6pm on Friday, but was out when fire crews got there. They took around half an hour to clear the smoke.
Around 15 minutes later, firefighters from St Albans and Wheathampstead were called to an oven fire in Furse Avenue and remained there for 20 minutes.