Concert welcomes new conductor
THE LEA Singers will have a new man at the helm when they put on a Christmas carol concert in Harpenden in aid of Grove House. James Sherlock will conduct the community chamber choir of 24 singers who will be performing the concert at 7.45pm on Wednesday,
THE LEA Singers will have a new man at the helm when they put on a Christmas carol concert in Harpenden in aid of Grove House.
James Sherlock will conduct the community chamber choir of 24 singers who will be performing the concert at 7.45pm on Wednesday, December 23, at Harpenden Public Halls.
The choir will be joined by well-known Scottish tenor Nicky Spence who, during his career, has recorded with Placido Domingo, Kiri te Kanawa, Hayley Westenra, Shirley Bassey and Lesley Garrett among others.
The evening will consist of many well-known traditional carols interspersed with solos by Nicky and all the proceeds will be donated to Grove House.
You may also want to watch:
Elizabeth Keen, one of the organisers of the event, said: "We are delighted to have James Sherlock as our new conductor and honoured that Nicky has agreed to join us for the evening.
"We are really pleased to once again be able to support Grove House in this way; their work supporting patients with cancer and life-threatening illness is vital to this community."
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
Tickets for the concert are �13 with concessions �11 and under-16s �5 which will include programmes and refreshment. There is a �1 reduction if tickets are booked in advance from Elizabeth on 01582 761246. More information can be found at www.leasingers.co.uk