St Albans composer plays piano in Verulamium Park
- Credit: Archant
A contemporary classical composer from St Albans chose a picturesque spot by Verulamium lake to film a video for his latest single.
Andrew James Johnson, 42, has set up a piano on the banks of the lake to play his new single, entitled ‘La Lunga Notte’.
He recently performed at the Meraki Festival on Sunday, August 12 with the St Albans Symphony Orchestra, and has appeared on Classic FM.
Andrew, who lives near the King Harry Pub, said: “Today we’re doing my new single that I released last week. The piano is borrowed from Ye Olde Fighting Cocks.
“I am syncing the track with the piano so just trying to capture the beauty of the park and nature with the lake and the trees, and it’s just a perfect spot.”
You may also want to watch:
The video is being filmed by Andrew’s wife Taylor, who he married at Ye Olde Fighting Cocks, with the help of professional videographer Ben Marks.
Andrew said: “I’m going to put it on YouTube. I’m releasing a single every month at the moment.”
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Shortages crisis hits district
- 7 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book