St Albans comic shop targeted in burglary
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans comic shop was broken into in the early hours of this morning after burglars smashed glass with a paving slab.
Staff at Chaos City in Heritage Close arrived at work to find a concrete slab, lots of broken glass and many missing figurines.
Manager Luke Ridge said: “We are still open. We are not going to let a few individuals stop us doing what we do best.”
Staff explained that they are still figuring out the actual value of the stolen figures. There was also a children’s hospital charity collection box that was taken.
Owner Marina Desclavis said: “It is not the first time this has happened. The same thing happened seven years ago.
You may also want to watch:
It is very upsetting that they took our stock.”
Herts police confirmed they got a call at 7.15am reporting a burglary at a comic shop in St Albans. They are still dealing with the matter. Anyone with information should contact police on 101, quoting ISR 103 of May 2.
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 8 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'