St Albans comic shop targeted in burglary
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans comic shop was broken into in the early hours of this morning after burglars smashed glass with a paving slab.
Staff at Chaos City in Heritage Close arrived at work to find a concrete slab, lots of broken glass and many missing figurines.
Manager Luke Ridge said: “We are still open. We are not going to let a few individuals stop us doing what we do best.”
Staff explained that they are still figuring out the actual value of the stolen figures. There was also a children’s hospital charity collection box that was taken.
Owner Marina Desclavis said: “It is not the first time this has happened. The same thing happened seven years ago.
You may also want to watch:
It is very upsetting that they took our stock.”
Herts police confirmed they got a call at 7.15am reporting a burglary at a comic shop in St Albans. They are still dealing with the matter. Anyone with information should contact police on 101, quoting ISR 103 of May 2.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?