Comedian Matt Lucas joins football fans at London Colney pub
- Credit: Archant
A famous face surprised pub-goers in London Colney on Sunday when he joined them for a roast dinner and a pint.
Little Britain actor Matt Lucas, who reportedly lives in West Hollywood, seemed to have mistaken Hertfordshire for home when he popped in to The Golden Lion in the High Street.
But despite being a well-known British entertainer and a permanent fixture on television he seemed to go relatively unnoticed among the pub’s regulars.
Landlord Ben Funnell said: “He came in for a quiet drink and a Sunday roast with a friend and asked us if he could join us to watch the football that was on.
“We recognised him the second he walked in because he’s been in once before but he was quite inconspicuous in his hat and people left him alone.
You may also want to watch:
“No one bothered him while he was here which is why I think he liked it, we’re a very friendly pub!”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development