Comedian Matt Lucas joins football fans at London Colney pub
- Credit: Archant
A famous face surprised pub-goers in London Colney on Sunday when he joined them for a roast dinner and a pint.
Little Britain actor Matt Lucas, who reportedly lives in West Hollywood, seemed to have mistaken Hertfordshire for home when he popped in to The Golden Lion in the High Street.
But despite being a well-known British entertainer and a permanent fixture on television he seemed to go relatively unnoticed among the pub’s regulars.
Landlord Ben Funnell said: “He came in for a quiet drink and a Sunday roast with a friend and asked us if he could join us to watch the football that was on.
“We recognised him the second he walked in because he’s been in once before but he was quite inconspicuous in his hat and people left him alone.
You may also want to watch:
“No one bothered him while he was here which is why I think he liked it, we’re a very friendly pub!”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly