Colour me crazy for St Albans charity race
- Credit: Archant
If you need a little bit of colour in your life then this could be just the challenge for you!
Rennie Grove has launched a fantastic new fundraising event which will take place on Sunday August 23.
Colour Blast is a 5K or 1.5K run where you will be showered with a different coloured powder at intervals along the course, turning you into a running rainbow.
Events manager Ruth Proudfoot said: “Colour Blast isn’t a timed race, but is an exciting and colourful way to raise money which promises to be brilliant fun for the whole family.”
Mother of two Joanne Neale has already signed up. She said: “It’s one of my New Year’s resolutions to take part in a running event as I have never run in one before, and Colour Blast sounded like a lot of fun without taking itself too seriously.
You may also want to watch:
“I have two small children and could do with getting myself back into shape so this seemed like a good reason to get fit.
“Running is so much easier to fit into your lifestyle when you have a young family as you can do it in your own time rather than commit to exercise classes or go to the gym.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
“A few of my friends who’ve also had babies recently and felt like they needed a challenge agreed to join me, so we are thinking of calling our team the ‘Yummy Mummys’.
“I have always been a bit wary of serious running events as I don’t want to feel pressured to run particularIy fast, so Colour Blast sounds perfect.
“The added bonus is that as well as doing something a bit different we’ll also be raising money to help local patients so I’m really looking forward to it.”
Colour Blast takes place at Westminster Lodge, St Albans, at 10.30am and is open to all ages. Under 18s must have parental consent and under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
Registration is £20 per adult, £10 per child and we’re also offering a £50 family rate (two adults two children). Under 5s are free to enter.
You will be provided with special sunglasses to help protect your eyes, but all powder is non-toxic and is corn starch based and perfectly safe.
The entry fee will cover the costs of putting on the event and includes your Colour Blast sunglasses and medal on completion. All participants are asked to seek sponsorship to support the charity’s services.
Visit www.renniegrove.org/colourblast or call 01442 820740 for more information.