Colney Heath mum's four-stone weight loss transformation
- Credit: Hannah Franco
A Colney Heath mum has shared her weight loss story after losing four and a half stone in just seven months.
Mum of four Hannah Franco was motivated to lose weight for her children and career.
She said: "I wanted to be a better mum to my children and show them that you can do anything if you put your mind to it. I also wanted to start my journey to become a paramedic, and I couldn't start that journey being morbidly obese."
She recounted that doing every day jobs, such as shopping and putting the washing away, would make her whole body ache, and she would actively avoid people she knew in public.
She added: "I hated my picture being taken, I would try and hide behind friends or ask them to change the angle because it was another reminder of how big I was."
You may also want to watch:
Hannah now enjoys eating proper, healthy meals, and - thanks to the support and motivation from her husband - is taking responsibility for her health. "Deciding to make a change was the best decision I made!" she said.
Alongside being part of Slimming World, Hannah took up running to help keep her weight under control, taking part in the Couch to 5K programme.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 2 County council results by St Albans division in full
- 3 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 4 Whipsnade Zoo to celebrate 90th birthday with fun family activities
- 5 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 6 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 7 Council elections: who are St Albans Liberal Democrat candidates?
- 8 Do you remember long-lost St Julian's Farm?
- 9 Mental Health Awareness Week: Easing children’s worries and fears after lockdown
- 10 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
"Slimming World and running has helped me to find myself again," she continued.
"I picked myself up from rock bottom and clawed my way back to being a mum, wife, sister, daughter and friend.
"My mental health has improved too, and I now know that there is help out there for everyone, and if I can do it - trust me - you can too!"
Donna Sinclair, who runs Slimming World Colney Heath, said: "I am so very proud of Hannah and what she's achieved so far.
"The transformation in Hannah during the last few months in lockdown is inspiring and motivating to everyone who knows her."