Colney Heath kidnap confirmed by police
- Credit: Archant
A man was kidnapped from an address in Colney Heath yesterday afternoon.
Police were called to Cutmore Drive just after midday on Thursday after a witness reportedly heard another man shouting "Help, help, help!"
It was reported to the Herts Advertiser that a man was assaulted before being put into a white vehicle, which then drove off with the man in the car. This information has since been confirmed by police.
Extensive police enquiries were made to find the vehicle and the people inside it.
The victim was later found safe and well.
Herts police investigations are continuing in a bid to trace the suspects.
It is believed the parties involved are known to each other and it is therefore being treated as an isolated incident at this time.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead
The Herts Advertiser was aware of the incident yesterday but police asked us not to report on it until they had more information.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at herts.police.uk/report or call the non-emergency number 101.