New reverend welcomed at Colney Heath church
- Credit: Archant
A new vicar was welcomed by a packed congregation at St Mark’s Church in Colney Heath.
Rev Caroline Keightley moved to Colney Heath in August with her husband Michael, and took up her role as vicar last month.
She was instituted, inducted and installed in a service at the church in Church Lane, led by the Bishop of Hertford the Rt Rev Dr Michael Beasley, and the Archdeacon of St Albans Jonathan Smith.
More than 150 members of the congregation, family and friends attended the service, including people from Christ Church in Ware, where Caroline previously served as a curate.
Speaking after the service, Caroline said: "I am delighted to have been appointed as vicar of St Mark's, and would like to extend my thanks to all those who came to the service and made the evening very special.
You may also want to watch:
"I am looking forward to getting to know those in St Mark's and the local area."
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans