New reverend welcomed at Colney Heath church
- Credit: Archant
A new vicar was welcomed by a packed congregation at St Mark’s Church in Colney Heath.
Rev Caroline Keightley moved to Colney Heath in August with her husband Michael, and took up her role as vicar last month.
She was instituted, inducted and installed in a service at the church in Church Lane, led by the Bishop of Hertford the Rt Rev Dr Michael Beasley, and the Archdeacon of St Albans Jonathan Smith.
More than 150 members of the congregation, family and friends attended the service, including people from Christ Church in Ware, where Caroline previously served as a curate.
Speaking after the service, Caroline said: "I am delighted to have been appointed as vicar of St Mark's, and would like to extend my thanks to all those who came to the service and made the evening very special.
You may also want to watch:
"I am looking forward to getting to know those in St Mark's and the local area."
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 7 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 8 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 9 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans