Rennie Grove Hospice in St Albans welcomes visitors to weekly coffee mornings
- Credit: Archant
If it’s a Tuesday morning and you find yourself at a loose end and fancy a cuppa and some company then Rennie Grove Hospice Care’s team of volunteers would be delighted to welcome you at their weekly coffee morning in St Albans.
The drop-in coffee morning takes place at Grove House in Waverley Road (adjacent to St Albans City Hospital) and runs between 10.30am and 12 noon every Tuesday morning.
The coffee morning is a social occasion and every member of the community is invited.
Bring a friend or come on your own – you’ll be greeted by a friendly member of the team who will make you a drink and have a chat.
If you want to know more about Rennie Grove Hospice Care and the services it provides for patients, carers and family members at Grove House then you can learn all about those too.
You may also want to watch:
You may also want to find out about ways to get involved with this long-established local charity that provides care and support for patients diagnosed with cancer and other life-limiting illnesses and their families.
Liz has been a volunteer at for Rennie Grove since 2016 and says: “Grove House is a lovely place with friendly staff.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 7 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 8 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 9 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
“Rennie Grove is unique in many ways and a rewarding charity to volunteer with.”
Poppy Montgomery-Ward, clinical services manager at Grove House, said: “Grove House is a much-loved hub at the very heart of the local community and our weekly coffee morning opens that up to local people who want to find out more about what goes on here, or who simply fancy a drink and chat in friendly surroundings.
“If you are looking for some specific information about the services offered to patients and families, or would like to talk to a member of staff, then our volunteers can assist you with that too.
“We also encourage people to join in with our the exercise or education sessions that take place from 11.15am, or to stay and talk to our volunteers, nurses and other visitors until the end of the session at 1pm.
“We’d love to see some new faces as well as our regulars so do drop in soon to say hello.”
To find out more about the many ways you can support Rennie Grove Hospice Care please visit renniegrove.org.