Rennie Grove Hospice in St Albans welcomes visitors to weekly coffee mornings
- Credit: Archant
If it’s a Tuesday morning and you find yourself at a loose end and fancy a cuppa and some company then Rennie Grove Hospice Care’s team of volunteers would be delighted to welcome you at their weekly coffee morning in St Albans.
The drop-in coffee morning takes place at Grove House in Waverley Road (adjacent to St Albans City Hospital) and runs between 10.30am and 12 noon every Tuesday morning.
The coffee morning is a social occasion and every member of the community is invited.
Bring a friend or come on your own – you’ll be greeted by a friendly member of the team who will make you a drink and have a chat.
If you want to know more about Rennie Grove Hospice Care and the services it provides for patients, carers and family members at Grove House then you can learn all about those too.
You may also want to find out about ways to get involved with this long-established local charity that provides care and support for patients diagnosed with cancer and other life-limiting illnesses and their families.
Liz has been a volunteer at for Rennie Grove since 2016 and says: “Grove House is a lovely place with friendly staff.
- 1 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 2 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 4 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 5 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 6 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 7 Police ‘concerned’ as 25-year-old goes missing from Stevenage
- 8 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Hertfordshire
- 9 FULL RESULTS: Lib Dem landslide in St Albans council elections
- 10 Medals, fast times and great performances for St Albans swimmers at championships
“Rennie Grove is unique in many ways and a rewarding charity to volunteer with.”
Poppy Montgomery-Ward, clinical services manager at Grove House, said: “Grove House is a much-loved hub at the very heart of the local community and our weekly coffee morning opens that up to local people who want to find out more about what goes on here, or who simply fancy a drink and chat in friendly surroundings.
“If you are looking for some specific information about the services offered to patients and families, or would like to talk to a member of staff, then our volunteers can assist you with that too.
“We also encourage people to join in with our the exercise or education sessions that take place from 11.15am, or to stay and talk to our volunteers, nurses and other visitors until the end of the session at 1pm.
“We’d love to see some new faces as well as our regulars so do drop in soon to say hello.”
To find out more about the many ways you can support Rennie Grove Hospice Care please visit renniegrove.org.