Clubber fined for punching bouncer
A CLUBBER who punched a nightclub bouncer after being thrown out of the venue has been fined more than £300. Aaron Phillips, aged 20, had pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing to assaulting the Batchwood Hall doorman during a night out in April. The doorma
A CLUBBER who punched a nightclub bouncer after being thrown out of the venue has been fined more than £300.
Aaron Phillips, aged 20, had pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing to assaulting the Batchwood Hall doorman during a night out in April.
The doorman was punched in the face while standing outside the St Albans nightclub and suffered swelling and a headache.
The prosecution said that Phillips, who had consumed three pints of beer, had been causing trouble in the club and had to be ejected by a total of four doormen.
You may also want to watch:
It was claimed in the trainee broker's defence that another bouncer had swept his feet from beneath him while he was dancing on one of the podiums, causing him to fall.
Phillips, from Hemel Hempstead, had allegedly felt frustrated and angry by the way he was treated by door staff and claimed he was provoked further before lashing out.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
His defence solicitor said he deeply regretted his actions and the experience had been a "sharp learning curve" for him.
Phillips was fined a total of £312.