Clubber fined for punching bouncer
A CLUBBER who punched a nightclub bouncer after being thrown out of the venue has been fined more than £300. Aaron Phillips, aged 20, had pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing to assaulting the Batchwood Hall doorman during a night out in April. The doorma
A CLUBBER who punched a nightclub bouncer after being thrown out of the venue has been fined more than £300.
Aaron Phillips, aged 20, had pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing to assaulting the Batchwood Hall doorman during a night out in April.
The doorman was punched in the face while standing outside the St Albans nightclub and suffered swelling and a headache.
The prosecution said that Phillips, who had consumed three pints of beer, had been causing trouble in the club and had to be ejected by a total of four doormen.
It was claimed in the trainee broker's defence that another bouncer had swept his feet from beneath him while he was dancing on one of the podiums, causing him to fall.
Phillips, from Hemel Hempstead, had allegedly felt frustrated and angry by the way he was treated by door staff and claimed he was provoked further before lashing out.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 6 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 7 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 8 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 9 MP condemns government over BBC threat
- 10 Town bank building given green light to split into three
His defence solicitor said he deeply regretted his actions and the experience had been a "sharp learning curve" for him.
Phillips was fined a total of £312.