Clubber fined for punching bouncer
A CLUBBER who punched a nightclub bouncer after being thrown out of the venue has been fined more than £300. Aaron Phillips, aged 20, had pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing to assaulting the Batchwood Hall doorman during a night out in April. The doorma
A CLUBBER who punched a nightclub bouncer after being thrown out of the venue has been fined more than £300.
Aaron Phillips, aged 20, had pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing to assaulting the Batchwood Hall doorman during a night out in April.
The doorman was punched in the face while standing outside the St Albans nightclub and suffered swelling and a headache.
The prosecution said that Phillips, who had consumed three pints of beer, had been causing trouble in the club and had to be ejected by a total of four doormen.
You may also want to watch:
It was claimed in the trainee broker's defence that another bouncer had swept his feet from beneath him while he was dancing on one of the podiums, causing him to fall.
Phillips, from Hemel Hempstead, had allegedly felt frustrated and angry by the way he was treated by door staff and claimed he was provoked further before lashing out.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
His defence solicitor said he deeply regretted his actions and the experience had been a "sharp learning curve" for him.
Phillips was fined a total of £312.