Clubber fined for punching bouncer
A CLUBBER who punched a nightclub bouncer after being thrown out of the venue has been fined more than £300. Aaron Phillips, aged 20, had pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing to assaulting the Batchwood Hall doorman during a night out in April. The doorma
A CLUBBER who punched a nightclub bouncer after being thrown out of the venue has been fined more than £300.
Aaron Phillips, aged 20, had pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing to assaulting the Batchwood Hall doorman during a night out in April.
The doorman was punched in the face while standing outside the St Albans nightclub and suffered swelling and a headache.
The prosecution said that Phillips, who had consumed three pints of beer, had been causing trouble in the club and had to be ejected by a total of four doormen.
It was claimed in the trainee broker's defence that another bouncer had swept his feet from beneath him while he was dancing on one of the podiums, causing him to fall.
Phillips, from Hemel Hempstead, had allegedly felt frustrated and angry by the way he was treated by door staff and claimed he was provoked further before lashing out.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 6 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 7 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 8 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 9 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 10 Remembering 'Mr Harpenden' - the indomitable Michael Weaver
His defence solicitor said he deeply regretted his actions and the experience had been a "sharp learning curve" for him.
Phillips was fined a total of £312.