Club makes donation to HMS St Albans
- Credit: Archant
County Club members Paul and Sandra Draper made sure they were not all at sea when they joined affiliates of the ship at a reception held by HMS St Albans.
For Paul presented ship’s commanding officer, Commander Richard Hutchings, with a cheque for £450 which was raised by the club in Ridgmont Road, St Albanbs, which has been associated with ship since it was commissioned in 2002.
HMS St Albans, which leaves for a nine-month tour of duty patrolling the Middle East in November, led the Parade of Sail of international racing yachts completing in the Americas Cup heats in Portsmouth recently.
While in UK waters, they invited affiliates on board the ship together with the Mayor and Mayoress of St Albans, Cllr Salih Gaygusuz and his wife Maureen,
The County Club has hosted numerous events for the ship’s company including a Trafalgar Night Dinner which officers and senior ratings attend if they are in port.
You may also want to watch:
All money raised from the raffle goes to the ship’s welfare fund.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 5 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report