Club makes donation to HMS St Albans
- Credit: Archant
County Club members Paul and Sandra Draper made sure they were not all at sea when they joined affiliates of the ship at a reception held by HMS St Albans.
For Paul presented ship’s commanding officer, Commander Richard Hutchings, with a cheque for £450 which was raised by the club in Ridgmont Road, St Albanbs, which has been associated with ship since it was commissioned in 2002.
HMS St Albans, which leaves for a nine-month tour of duty patrolling the Middle East in November, led the Parade of Sail of international racing yachts completing in the Americas Cup heats in Portsmouth recently.
While in UK waters, they invited affiliates on board the ship together with the Mayor and Mayoress of St Albans, Cllr Salih Gaygusuz and his wife Maureen,
The County Club has hosted numerous events for the ship’s company including a Trafalgar Night Dinner which officers and senior ratings attend if they are in port.
You may also want to watch:
All money raised from the raffle goes to the ship’s welfare fund.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 4 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 5 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 8 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears