St Albans nightclub appeal backed by Love Island star
- Credit: Archant
A Love Island star is backing a charity appeal being run by a St Albans nightclub.
Chris Hughes has given his support to Club Batchwood asking customers to ‘Give A Kid A Quid’.
Revellers at the Batchwood Drive venue have been invited to give their spare change to the Echo Trust, which was set up by the UK’s largest bar and club operator, The Deltic Group.
General manager Sophie Hayes said: “Christmas is a time for giving and we’re sure our customers will respond generously to our appeal.
“‘Give a Kid a Quid’ is a simple way to raise a lot of money that will transform the lives of local young people in our community.”
Since 2002, The Echo Trust has donated £2m to children’s charities, who can use it to buy medical equipment.
The appeal is on now and runs until New Year’s Eve. The Echo Trust is a registered charity under the number 1096255.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 7 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford