Club Batchwood reopening tonight after half a million pound transformation - with gallery
- Credit: Archant
You would be hard pressed to find an Albanian who is unaware of Batchwood nightclub.
For many long-established residents it was where they met their other halves and for most of the city’s 20-something-year-olds, it marked their first experiences of late-night clubbing.
After closing for just over three months, the Batchwood Drive venue is now reopening for a three night party this weekend to showcase its half a million pound transformation.
A number of impressive features have been fitted in the 1,400 capacity building, which will now be called Club Batchwood, such as a 18th century chandelier centre piece in the Great Hall.
A brand new main dance room will greet guests while several of the smaller rooms have been spruced up with modern light fittings and new details.
You may also want to watch:
DJs will play on Friday and Saturday nights and a brand-new sponsored VIP bar will be available along with an outdoor grill area.
Sales and marketing Manager Victoria Gray said of the club’s new look: “The chandelier is just absolutely stunning; it sums up the venue, the décor and the history of it.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
“You always forget that it is in itself a beautiful historical iconic building. My parents met here!”
“I love working on venues like this, it’s got history and character and is totally unexpected.”
General manager Peter Bell has lived in the district for around 12 years and said a key focus of the nightclub was playing a part in the community.
“We really want to engage with the residents, it’s [the club] on their doorstep. We’ve invited a lot of people down so that we can ask them what they think.
He said the club was putting a greater focus on service and standards: “Instead of focusing on getting massive big acts in, we wanted to focus on what we could deliver to our guests.
“Victoria said a few meetings ago that what we need to create for people is lots of little Instragram moments. It’s about creating that wow factor. The opening weekend will be a really proud moment for all of us.”
Take a look at our photo gallery of the new club ahead of its opening tonight by clicking here.
May 23 VIP launch night
May 24 Special guests EVO and RST
May 25 Secret Garden Party with a secret DJ
For more information visit http://www.clubbatchwood.com/st-albans