Circus comes to St Albans’ Highfield Park
- Credit: Photo supplied
If you ever wanted to run away and join the circus, now is your chance.
Chaplin’s Circus is visiting St Albans and will be running free community workshops for locals.
The UK’s newest all-human circus will take over the village green at Highfield Park from next Saturday, May 24, until Sunday, June 1.
And it is hoped that actor David Soul, best known for starring in Starsky and Hutch, will attend the opening night performance.
His and Julia Nickson’s (Rambo II) daughter China Soul who has recently joined the circus, will be playing the part of Ruth Etting, an American singing star and actress of the 1920s and ’30s.
You may also want to watch:
Ahead of the performances however, children and adults can learn a variety of circus skills from the professionals, including juggling, magic, balloon modelling and face-painting.
Circus skills workshops include an acrobatics master-class.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to
For more information on workshops and performances go to www.chaplinscircus.com