Circus comes to St Albans’ Highfield Park
- Credit: Photo supplied
If you ever wanted to run away and join the circus, now is your chance.
Chaplin’s Circus is visiting St Albans and will be running free community workshops for locals.
The UK’s newest all-human circus will take over the village green at Highfield Park from next Saturday, May 24, until Sunday, June 1.
And it is hoped that actor David Soul, best known for starring in Starsky and Hutch, will attend the opening night performance.
His and Julia Nickson’s (Rambo II) daughter China Soul who has recently joined the circus, will be playing the part of Ruth Etting, an American singing star and actress of the 1920s and ’30s.
Ahead of the performances however, children and adults can learn a variety of circus skills from the professionals, including juggling, magic, balloon modelling and face-painting.
Circus skills workshops include an acrobatics master-class.
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 3 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 4 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 5 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 6 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 7 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 8 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
- 9 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 10 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
For more information on workshops and performances go to www.chaplinscircus.com