Circus comes to St Albans’ Highfield Park
- Credit: Photo supplied
If you ever wanted to run away and join the circus, now is your chance.
Chaplin’s Circus is visiting St Albans and will be running free community workshops for locals.
The UK’s newest all-human circus will take over the village green at Highfield Park from next Saturday, May 24, until Sunday, June 1.
And it is hoped that actor David Soul, best known for starring in Starsky and Hutch, will attend the opening night performance.
His and Julia Nickson’s (Rambo II) daughter China Soul who has recently joined the circus, will be playing the part of Ruth Etting, an American singing star and actress of the 1920s and ’30s.
You may also want to watch:
Ahead of the performances however, children and adults can learn a variety of circus skills from the professionals, including juggling, magic, balloon modelling and face-painting.
Circus skills workshops include an acrobatics master-class.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
For more information on workshops and performances go to www.chaplinscircus.com