Circus comes to St Albans’ Highfield Park
- Credit: Photo supplied
If you ever wanted to run away and join the circus, now is your chance.
Chaplin’s Circus is visiting St Albans and will be running free community workshops for locals.
The UK’s newest all-human circus will take over the village green at Highfield Park from next Saturday, May 24, until Sunday, June 1.
And it is hoped that actor David Soul, best known for starring in Starsky and Hutch, will attend the opening night performance.
His and Julia Nickson’s (Rambo II) daughter China Soul who has recently joined the circus, will be playing the part of Ruth Etting, an American singing star and actress of the 1920s and ’30s.
You may also want to watch:
Ahead of the performances however, children and adults can learn a variety of circus skills from the professionals, including juggling, magic, balloon modelling and face-painting.
Circus skills workshops include an acrobatics master-class.
- 1 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 4 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 5 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 6 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 7 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 8 Increase in electric car charging points thanks to new partnership
- 9 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 10 Campaigners continue fight for 20mph limits on county's roads
For more information on workshops and performances go to www.chaplinscircus.com