Circus comes to St Albans’ Highfield Park
- Credit: Photo supplied
If you ever wanted to run away and join the circus, now is your chance.
Chaplin’s Circus is visiting St Albans and will be running free community workshops for locals.
The UK’s newest all-human circus will take over the village green at Highfield Park from next Saturday, May 24, until Sunday, June 1.
And it is hoped that actor David Soul, best known for starring in Starsky and Hutch, will attend the opening night performance.
His and Julia Nickson’s (Rambo II) daughter China Soul who has recently joined the circus, will be playing the part of Ruth Etting, an American singing star and actress of the 1920s and ’30s.
You may also want to watch:
Ahead of the performances however, children and adults can learn a variety of circus skills from the professionals, including juggling, magic, balloon modelling and face-painting.
Circus skills workshops include an acrobatics master-class.
- 1 Hundreds of trees felled on Green Belt site 'to make way for travellers camp'
- 2 Injunction served on Redbourn site to prevent any development
- 3 PTA gifts a bear to more than 300 pupils to commemorate return to school
- 4 'Out of touch' government demands more houses in St Albans
- 5 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 6 Man assaulted in 'unprovoked attack in broad daylight' in St Albans
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire village of Knebworth
- 8 What's happening with district's vaccine supplies? St Albans MP is seeking answers
- 9 Which areas of St Albans district have seen the most people vaccinated?
- 10 Man in his 40s dies after crash between bus and car
For more information on workshops and performances go to www.chaplinscircus.com