Cinematic theme to St Albans school's display
MOVIES and musicals was the theme of a show-stopping gym and dance display at a secondary school in St Albans last week. Beaumont Secondary School has been running gym and dance displays since the 1970s and last Tuesday, February 9, saw the opening night
MOVIES and musicals was the theme of a show-stopping gym and dance display at a secondary school in St Albans last week.
Beaumont Secondary School has been running gym and dance displays since the 1970s and last Tuesday, February 9, saw the opening night of this year's performance, which involved almost 150 pupils performing over 30 gymnastic routines and dance pieces.
From the Jungle Book to Harry Potter and Billy Elliot, every dance reflected the evening's theme of movies and musicals and the performers, whose ages ranged from 11 to 18, showcased their moves to an audience of more than 650 over three consecutive nights.
One of the spectators Claire Hill, a 21-year-old former Beaumont school pupil, said that it was a magical show: "It was like nothing I've ever seen before! My favourite routine was the Scooby Doo dance, because there were so many excellent gymnasts and dancers involved. Beaumont's gym and dance displays just get better and better each year."
You may also want to watch:
Head of PE at the school Steve Jump said that staff and students had worked tirelessly in preparation for the show: "Special thanks must go to Natalie Moody and Lindsey Riggott Jones from the PE Department who coordinated the whole event from start to finish with boundless enthusiasm and commitment. Everyone should be very proud of their achievement.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans