Cigarette blamed for St Albans bedroom fire

Bedroom fire in Camp Road

Bedroom fire in Camp Road - Credit: Archant

AN UNATTENDED lit cigarette is believed to have started a fire at a home in St Albans last Thursday night. Firefighters were called to Camp Road at around 9pm to tackle a bedroom blaze.

Two people escaped from the property unaided after being alerted by the sound of a smoke alarm going off.

It took under 20 minutes to extinguish the fire but the bedroom was partially destroyed and the top floor of the property was left smoke-logged.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus