In Pictures: Harpenden retailers' Christmas window displays
- Credit: HTC
Family run hair salon, CY Hair, has been crowned the winner of the traditional Harpenden Christmas Window Competition.
Winners were chosen by the 1st Harpenden Brownies together with Mayor Cllr Paul Cousin.
The competition is a festive tradition which has become a well-loved way for businesses with a shop front to show off their creativity.
CY Hair’s highly imaginative window features an ocean scene with comical penguins, made out of recycled plastic bottles, escaping a shark.
Other entrants included second place Threads with an exceptional, sparkling display of their festive goods, and joint third place Rebecca Jade, Serena Hart and Oxfam Books & Music.
Harpenden Town Mayor Cllr Paul Cousin said: “‘I would like to thank everyone for taking part in this year’s Christmas Window Competition. It was great fun judging the displays with the 1st Harpenden Brownies and the quality and standard was very high as usual, it was difficult to choose!
"It was also really good to see local businesses participating and getting into the festive spirit with such colourful and creative ideas. Well done everyone and particular our winner and runners up!"
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 3 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 4 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 5 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 6 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
- 7 Man kicked, punched and knocked unconscious outside St Albans bank
- 8 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 9 St Albans set for heatwave and 31C sunshine in mid-August
- 10 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
CY Hair will receive £350 donated by competition sponsors Hertfordshire Air Conditioning, plus a stall at next year’s Christmas Carnival and publicity in Harpenden Town Council’s Forum Magazine.