Christmas toy appeal for St Albans youngsters
THERE are just a few more days left for people in St Albans to drop off toy donations for local youngsters to Access Self Storage, which is collecting on behalf of The Children’s Society.
The business hopes to better the number of new and unused toys and games given for its Christmas toy appeal last year, when over 100 items were donated.
So far about 60 toys and games have been given.
St Albans store manager for Access Self Storage, Neil Hutchinson, said: “We have been overwhelmed by the generosity of the public and local businesses. Last year was such a success as we had over 100 gifts donated and we are on our way to smashing that record this year.”
The drop off point will be open at Access until Monday, December 10, when Santa will be collecting all the donations and delivering them to the local Children’s Society store.
The charity works with and supports some of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged children and young people in the UK who really need help, particularly at Christmas.
Gifts that are donated will raise funds for often overlooked people such as runaways and young carers, and provide support for families of young children who live in poverty.
- 1 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 4 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 5 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
- 9 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
Access St Albans is located at 134 Ashley Road in St Albans.
You can drop items off until 6pm tonight (Friday); between 8.30am and 5pm on Saturday and 10am and 4pm Sunday.