Christmas toy appeal for St Albans youngsters
THERE are just a few more days left for people in St Albans to drop off toy donations for local youngsters to Access Self Storage, which is collecting on behalf of The Children’s Society.
The business hopes to better the number of new and unused toys and games given for its Christmas toy appeal last year, when over 100 items were donated.
So far about 60 toys and games have been given.
St Albans store manager for Access Self Storage, Neil Hutchinson, said: “We have been overwhelmed by the generosity of the public and local businesses. Last year was such a success as we had over 100 gifts donated and we are on our way to smashing that record this year.”
The drop off point will be open at Access until Monday, December 10, when Santa will be collecting all the donations and delivering them to the local Children’s Society store.
You may also want to watch:
The charity works with and supports some of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged children and young people in the UK who really need help, particularly at Christmas.
Gifts that are donated will raise funds for often overlooked people such as runaways and young carers, and provide support for families of young children who live in poverty.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 8 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
Access St Albans is located at 134 Ashley Road in St Albans.
You can drop items off until 6pm tonight (Friday); between 8.30am and 5pm on Saturday and 10am and 4pm Sunday.