Christmas-themed anniversary concert for Grove House
AS part of their 50th anniversary celebrations, local chamber choir, the Lea Singers, will be organising a charity Christmas concert in Harpenden and supporting Grove House.
The Lea Singers have performed a traditional Christmas concert at Harpenden Public Halls almost every year in their half century history and have raised over �75,000 for local charities over the years.
This year’s event will take place at 7.30pm on Thursday, December 9, at Harpenden Public Halls. The Lea Singers will be joined by choirs from Our Lady of Lourdes and St Nicholas churches in Harpenden as special guests.
As well as traditional Christmas entertainment there will be festive refreshments and a raffle in aid of Grove House.
Liz Hizli, community fundraiser at Grove House, said “We are very grateful to the Lea Singers for continuing to support Grove House. This delightful, traditional Christmas concert is bound to sell out fast so be sure to buy your tickets soon and take advantage of the early booking discount. All the proceeds from the raffle are being donated to the hospice and there will be some great prizes.”
You may also want to watch:
To purchase tickets, priced at �13, �11 concessions and under 16s �5, phone Liz Keen on 01582 761246 or email@example.com or in person at Valentines, 10 Station Road, Harpenden.
Tickets purchased before December 2 are eligible for a discount of one pound.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans