St Albans rocks around the tree for Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Music around a Christmas tree celebrated the beginning of panto season in St Albans.
The evening of Friday, December 6 went with a swing at the Rockaholly event.
On the opening night of Sleeping Beauty and from 5pm to 7.30pm there was live music from vocalist KJ Foley and local bands,The Golden Clerics and The Chevtones bringing a festive twist to their 1950s-inspired music.
Vanessa Sharp of BID said: "It was a fantastic event - many people said how much they enjoyed it.
"In the late 1960s and into the 1970s there was a tradition of community carols being staged around the tree by the St Albans civic centre, in that spirit we introduced the Rockaholly event for this year."
You may also want to watch:
Rockaholly was a St Albans Arts Team event supported by Save St Albans Pubs, St Albans District Council, 1Life, St Albans BID and Eyes on St Albans.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 10 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire