St Albans rocks around the tree for Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Music around a Christmas tree celebrated the beginning of panto season in St Albans.
The evening of Friday, December 6 went with a swing at the Rockaholly event.
On the opening night of Sleeping Beauty and from 5pm to 7.30pm there was live music from vocalist KJ Foley and local bands,The Golden Clerics and The Chevtones bringing a festive twist to their 1950s-inspired music.
Vanessa Sharp of BID said: "It was a fantastic event - many people said how much they enjoyed it.
"In the late 1960s and into the 1970s there was a tradition of community carols being staged around the tree by the St Albans civic centre, in that spirit we introduced the Rockaholly event for this year."
You may also want to watch:
Rockaholly was a St Albans Arts Team event supported by Save St Albans Pubs, St Albans District Council, 1Life, St Albans BID and Eyes on St Albans.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 6 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 9 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 10 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made