Christmas lights to be switched on in London Colney
- Credit: Archant
Christmas is coming to London Colney at the festive lights switch-on this weekend.
The event will be held from 3.30pm to 6.30pm on Sunday, December 3, along High Street, London Colney near Chester Gibbons Green.
There will be fun fair and game stalls, as well as opportunities to buy food and items for Christmas, with stalls selling baubles, Christmas wreaths and table decorations, mulled wine and more. There will also be a charity tombola.
The event will also feature musical performances from Gary Allen of The Engine Room, Madonna tribute act Gayle Fraser, Elvis tribute act Leigh Casling and an Amy Winehouse impersonator. The band ‘The Push’ will perform at The White Horse Pub after the switch-on.
The event is free to attend, and the lights will be switched on at 5.30m.
You may also want to watch:
The stretch of High Street by Chester Gibbons Green will be closed for the duration of the event.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden