Christmas fair is doing it for charity
FESTIVE food stalls, live music and a goody bag for the first 100 guests are some of the treats promised at a Christmas Fair next Wednesday (November 16).
The event at the Noke Thistle Hotel on Watford Road in St Albans is organised by Doing it for Charity, a small society who have been running charity events for the last five years.
Each year they invite guests at the Christmas event to nominate a charity to support the following year.
This year, the group will be raising funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Supporters helped the group raise �7,746 at their 2010 Christmas event.
You may also want to watch:
Free parking is offered at Burston Garden Centre with a free shuttle bus to the hotel. The event entrance fee is �2 and officially opens at 10am - 3pm, although there will be coffee from 9.30am.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan