Christmas fair is doing it for charity
FESTIVE food stalls, live music and a goody bag for the first 100 guests are some of the treats promised at a Christmas Fair next Wednesday (November 16).
The event at the Noke Thistle Hotel on Watford Road in St Albans is organised by Doing it for Charity, a small society who have been running charity events for the last five years.
Each year they invite guests at the Christmas event to nominate a charity to support the following year.
This year, the group will be raising funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Supporters helped the group raise �7,746 at their 2010 Christmas event.
You may also want to watch:
Free parking is offered at Burston Garden Centre with a free shuttle bus to the hotel. The event entrance fee is �2 and officially opens at 10am - 3pm, although there will be coffee from 9.30am.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters