Christmas classics are given a St Albans Businesses twist in aid of Home-Start Herts
- Credit: Archant
In the words of Noddy Holder: “It’s Chriiiiisssstmaaaaaass!” Which can only mean one thing - the annual St Albans Businesses (SABs) charity video.
The networking group is following its huge success with last year’s rendition of Justin Timberlake’s Can’t Stop This Feeling, which currently has over 16,000 hits and has raised thousands of pounds for family support charity Home-Start Herts. The production was later shortlisted in the documentaries category of the Charity Film Awards.
Bringing together representatives from a wealth of local companies, the SABs have compiled their own unique intepretations of classic Christmas tracks.
The video was created by Yellow Lizard Media with the support of Principal Chauffeurs and Principal Security as headline sponsors and with the likes of Thompson, Ye Olde Fighting Cocks and Village Workspace giving their venues to the cause.
Tracks featured include Wham!’s Last Christmas, It’ll Be Lonely This Christmas by Mud, and the legendary Stay Another Day by East 17.
You may also want to watch:
Sue Wybrow, founder of SABs and owner of Popdance dance classes, explained: “We wanted to come up with another hit after last year’s amazing BAFTA-nominated video and this was a surefire success - Dan and Scott from Yellow Lizard are a dream to work with.”
Herts Ad group editor Matt Adams appeared as a member of Mud: “Any excuse to dress up in fake fur and take part in iconic tracks is always a winner’”
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
June Cory, aka George Michael, of My Mustard advertising agency, said: “When you get ‘the call’ from Sue and the boys from Yellow Lizard, you know that the fun is ON! It was great to work with some terrific local business owners, raise money for fabulous Home-Start and drink Ribena at Thompsons - all in a day’s work when you are part of St Albans Businesses”.
Suzy Moody of Home-Start, who appeared as Slade’s Noddy Holder himself, said “We never know what St Albans Businesses will come up with next, but we know it will be a winner and great fun to be involved with.”
If you like the video, please donate to Home-Start Hertfordshire via this link - http://www.goldengiving.com/charity/home-start-hertfordshire