Christmas cards on sale in June at St Albans store
- Credit: Candy Stuart
Have yourself a very early Christmas …
We all need reasons to be cheerful and especially this year – but is June too soon to be thinking about December?
Shoppers visiting Clintons in St Peter’s Street were surprised to see seasonal greetings on the shelves on Thursday.
Mum-of-three Candy Stuart, who lives on Carlisle Avenue, took to Facebook to express her shock, posting a photo and “Spotted in Clinton’s. It’s June. Merry Christmas.”
Six well-stocked rows of festive cards ranging from those for ‘wives, dads, mums and friends’ are available now for all those wanting to be super-prepared. And there’s even a ‘Happy New Year’.
It’s not clear if they have been intended for sale this year or if they were left out from last year, with lockdown closures being one possible factor.
Candy, who runs the charity-based knitted and crochet topper project St Albans Postboxes, to raise funds for local causes every year, told the Herts Advertiser: “The irony is that I usually am thinking about Christmas all year round. Those toppers take a lot of prep. But I don’t buy anything before November.
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 3 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 4 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 5 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 6 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 7 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 8 MoonWalk success for the St Albans cancer survivor and her Belgian Buns
- 9 Company of Ten's A Bunch of Amateurs production 'milks the comedy for all its worth' at the Abbey Theatre
- 10 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
“I was a bit surprised seeing Christmas cards on sale a full six months before Christmas Eve and just wondered who would be buying this early. It seems earlier than ever.”
Is June too soon to start celebrating? Have you bought anything yet? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org