New chief executive for St Albans hospital trust
- Credit: Archant
A new chief executive has been appointed to the trust which runs St Albans City Hospital.
Christine Allen, originally from Watford, will take charge of West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust (WHHT) next March.
She said: “I have been impressed by how hard staff have worked to make significant and sustained improvements.
“I look forward to supporting the leadership team to manage the challenges that the high demand for its services brings and getting involved in plans to transform the estate.
“On top of this, as I was born in Watford, it will feel like ‘coming home’.”
You may also want to watch:
Allen is currently the chief executive at James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in Great Yarmouth.
WHHT received a ‘requires improvement’ rating in their last Care Quality Commission inspection.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
St Albans City Hospital only moved out of special measures earlier this year.