New chief executive for St Albans hospital trust
- Credit: Archant
A new chief executive has been appointed to the trust which runs St Albans City Hospital.
Christine Allen, originally from Watford, will take charge of West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust (WHHT) next March.
She said: “I have been impressed by how hard staff have worked to make significant and sustained improvements.
“I look forward to supporting the leadership team to manage the challenges that the high demand for its services brings and getting involved in plans to transform the estate.
“On top of this, as I was born in Watford, it will feel like ‘coming home’.”
You may also want to watch:
Allen is currently the chief executive at James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in Great Yarmouth.
WHHT received a ‘requires improvement’ rating in their last Care Quality Commission inspection.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
St Albans City Hospital only moved out of special measures earlier this year.