Chocolate Ball raises thousands for Hospice of St Francis and Rennie Grove Hospice Care
- Credit: Archant
The second annual charity Chocolate Ball proved a sweet success by raising more than £9,250 for two local hospices.
The Chocolate Ball was an indulgent chocolate-themed black tie event at the Noke Hotel aid of the Hospice of St Francis and Rennie Grove Hospice Care.
It was established by local businessman Peter Barker and his wife Kath as a means for them to support local hospices through their family chocolate business after family friend Paul Atkins passed away at the Hospice of St Francis.
Peter said: “The 2015 Chocolate Ball exceeded all our expectations and was an amazing night. Last year’s event raised £6.5K so we are naturally delighted that we have smashed that figure this year and raised over £9,250 which will be split between our two amazing local hospices.”
Corporate fundraising manager at the Hospice of St Francis, Carolyn Addison, said: “We want to say a huge thank you to Peter and Kath from The Chocolate Wrapper in Harpenden and to everyone who contributed to this fantastic event in recognition of the support that we gave and continue to give to the Atkins family and other people in our care.
You may also want to watch:
“The amount they’ve raised so far, £9,250, which will be split between the two charities, is fantastic and the organisation and dedication to ensuring that everyone literally had a ball is amazing! It was a really fun night, full of dancing, laughter and joy.”
Nicola MacKinnon, community fundraising manager for Rennie Grove Hospice Care added: “The Chocolate Ball was everything a good fundraising event should be. Lots of people having a wonderful time and helping to raise an amazing total for a great cause. The total raised at this event helps us to continue providing 24/7 hospice at home care to local people and our thanks go to everyone who contributed to making it such a success.”
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 7 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 8 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 9 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire