Chiswell Green girl bidding to be Miss hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
A CHALLENGE with a difference is looming for Rachna Joshi when she takes part in the Miss Hertfordshire competition next Sunday, May 5.
For Rachna, 22, who lives in Chiswell Green and works for a London advertising agency, admits that the countywide competition is totally different from what she would normally do.
She has been raising money for the Miss England charity Beauty with a Purpose and hosting events around St Albans for the cause.
Beauty with a Purpose is a worldwide humanitarian charity but the money Rachna and the other 26 girls taking part in Miss Hertfordshire raise will be kept in England and fund Variety club events,
If Rachna wins the competition she will go and compete in the Miss England final in June: “I just fell into this competition, I don’t think I’m exceptionally pretty but I know that the judges are looking for someone who is confident and has something to offer the county. I like to challenge myself and this is something totally different to what I would normally do.”
You may also want to watch:
Rachna is an active member of the St John Ambulance and in 2009 climbed Kilimanjaro with her university. As well as meeting new people, she loves raising money, working with people and putting herself in challenging situations.
To help Rachna reach her target go to http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/rachna_missherts2013
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district