Chill out for a good cause with Grove House
BEAUTY therapists with time to spare are invited to volunteer at Grove House next month to support the hospice’s Chill Out Day.
Not only is the event on Sunday, September 12, a way of supporting their local hospice but also of promoting their own business.
The popular annual Chill Out Sundays are now regular events on the Grove House calendar and represent an important source of fundraising, as well as providing beauty treatments for local women.
Maria Mauro, who organises the event for the hospice, says: “In order for the day to run smoothly we are in desperate need of a few more beauty therapists. We are particularly looking for therapists who can do facials, hair and nails or other beauty treatments.
“We are so grateful to the local companies who are already supporting us such as Alley Kats, who will be doing hair, Elizabeth Arden at Boots, who will be doing facials, and Mosaics and Sakks who, although not able to attend on the day, will be donating raffle prizes.”
You may also want to watch:
Laura Bateman, who owns local beauty salon, Skin and Tonic, will once again be coming along with one of her therapists, Nicola, for the day. Laura said: “I am always delighted to support Grove House with their fundraising events; it’s an amazing place and does such great work. We are very lucky to have this type of care locally. Nicola and I are looking forward to taking part on September 12.
Please contact Maria as soon as possible if you can help at the hospice at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07932 020115
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 9 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 10 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match