Childwickbury stud up for sale
A SUCCESSFUL stud farm at Childwickbury between St Albans and Harpenden has been put up for sale.
The Marquesa de Moratalla purchased Childwickbury Stud from the late breeder Jim Joel in 1993 and she has run it as a private breeding operation under the management of Martin Grassick.
She has now decided to downsize the operation in England with a number of mares potentially being sold in the Deauville sales in December. The remaining smaller operation will be relocated.
Childwickbury Stud was founded by Sir John Blundell Maple and was then bought by Jack Joel who, with his son Jim, were both successful bloodstock breeders with a record of Classic wins and places.
The stud has bred many successful horses and the Marquesa has had some notable winners including most recently Tin Horse which won the French 2,000 Guineas at Longchamp in May.
Childwickbury Stud is being sold at a guide price of �9.5 million by Bidwells in Cambridge on 01223 559352.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 6 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group