Childwickbury stud up for sale
A SUCCESSFUL stud farm at Childwickbury between St Albans and Harpenden has been put up for sale.
The Marquesa de Moratalla purchased Childwickbury Stud from the late breeder Jim Joel in 1993 and she has run it as a private breeding operation under the management of Martin Grassick.
She has now decided to downsize the operation in England with a number of mares potentially being sold in the Deauville sales in December. The remaining smaller operation will be relocated.
Childwickbury Stud was founded by Sir John Blundell Maple and was then bought by Jack Joel who, with his son Jim, were both successful bloodstock breeders with a record of Classic wins and places.
The stud has bred many successful horses and the Marquesa has had some notable winners including most recently Tin Horse which won the French 2,000 Guineas at Longchamp in May.
You may also want to watch:
Childwickbury Stud is being sold at a guide price of �9.5 million by Bidwells in Cambridge on 01223 559352.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills