Childwickbury stud up for sale
A SUCCESSFUL stud farm at Childwickbury between St Albans and Harpenden has been put up for sale.
The Marquesa de Moratalla purchased Childwickbury Stud from the late breeder Jim Joel in 1993 and she has run it as a private breeding operation under the management of Martin Grassick.
She has now decided to downsize the operation in England with a number of mares potentially being sold in the Deauville sales in December. The remaining smaller operation will be relocated.
Childwickbury Stud was founded by Sir John Blundell Maple and was then bought by Jack Joel who, with his son Jim, were both successful bloodstock breeders with a record of Classic wins and places.
The stud has bred many successful horses and the Marquesa has had some notable winners including most recently Tin Horse which won the French 2,000 Guineas at Longchamp in May.
You may also want to watch:
Childwickbury Stud is being sold at a guide price of �9.5 million by Bidwells in Cambridge on 01223 559352.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development