Children’s mental health issues in spotlight at awareness talk in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A mental health campaigner and former Health Minister will be giving a talk to raise awareness of children’s problems.
Norman Lamb MP will be speaking about what he sees as the continued failure to deliver on promised investments in children’s mental health, as well as recently announced mental health initiatives.
The talk will take place at 7pm on Monday, January 23, at Marlborough Road Methodist Church in St Albans.
Councillor Anthony Rowlands, mental health champion for St Albans district, will also be talking about his work with the Local Authority Mental Health Challenge, a scheme coordinated by seven major mental health charities and led by the Centre for Mental Health.
The talk is taking place ahead of Children’s Mental Health week, which runs from February 6 to February 12.
You may also want to watch:
Kat Cormack, a local mental health campaigner and former Beaumont School pupil, will also be speaking at the event.
As minister for state care and support in 2014, Norman was awarded a prize for the ‘best use of evidence’ at the Political Studies Association Annual Awards for his work with the Royal College of Nursing.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 8 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 9 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 10 Shaun Jeffers and St Albans City a match made in Hertfordshire
He also launched Positive and Safe, a two-year programme to end the deliberate use of face-down restraint in all health and care settings.
Tickets to the event are free but spaces are limited.