Children excited over launch of St Albans Christmas Market
- Credit: Archant
These primary schoolchildren could barely contain their excitement when they donned Santa suits in anticipation of the city’s first festive market which is now just one week away.
The inaugural 24-day event kicks off next Thursday with a special launch night from 5pm, which will also mark the arrival of Father Christmas who is expected to see over 3,000 children during his time in town.
Nearly all of the chalets around the Cathedral and the Vintry Garden have been snapped up but there is still time for local traders and artisans to rent one at an exclusive daily rate.
So far local craftspeople involved include Christmas Create, which will be selling skincare, candles and folk-style textiles, and a new shop poised to come to the city next year called The City Market Company which will showcase bake-at-home gifts, jams, chutneys and olives.
Also attending the European-style market will be clothing and homeware store Chloe James, social enterprise St Albans Wood Recycling and the Odyssey as part of its fundraising activities for the new cinema due to open on London Road next Spring.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.enjoystalbans.com
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 9 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 10 Defibrillators: How you could save a life