Children evacuated from nursery

CHILDREN were evacuated from their nursery on Friday afternoon when an oven glove started to catch alight. Staff had already doused the smouldering glove in water when firefighters arrived at Busy Bees in King Harry Lane, St Albans, at around 12.32pm. Th

CHILDREN were evacuated from their nursery on Friday afternoon when an oven glove started to catch alight.

Staff had already doused the smouldering glove in water when firefighters arrived at Busy Bees in King Harry Lane, St Albans, at around 12.32pm.

The incident created a small amount of smoke which set the fire alarms off and around 60 children and staff were evacuated as a precaution.

A spokesperson for Busy Bees said the efficiency of the staff and children was praised by the fire crew from St Albans.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter