Children evacuated from nursery

PUBLISHED: 13:06 16 June 2008 | UPDATED: 13:22 06 May 2010

CHILDREN were evacuated from their nursery on Friday afternoon when an oven glove started to catch alight. Staff had already doused the smouldering glove in water when firefighters arrived at Busy Bees in King Harry Lane, St Albans, at around 12.32pm. Th

CHILDREN were evacuated from their nursery on Friday afternoon when an oven glove started to catch alight.

Staff had already doused the smouldering glove in water when firefighters arrived at Busy Bees in King Harry Lane, St Albans, at around 12.32pm.

The incident created a small amount of smoke which set the fire alarms off and around 60 children and staff were evacuated as a precaution.

A spokesperson for Busy Bees said the efficiency of the staff and children was praised by the fire crew from St Albans.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Herts Advertiser. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Herts Advertiser