Chickens moved following M25 lorry crash near St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Chickens have been moved following an M25 lorry crash near J21A for St Albans, which saw the lorry they were travelling in overturn.
The crash happened at about 10am today on the A405 North Orbital Road.
Animal charity the RSPCA attended the scene and said on twitter it has "been working hard to help these poor chickens".
"The difficulty has been that unloading the crates would likely cause the chickens escape and run around on the motorway."
But said the chickens' owner "has now moved them all" following the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Two people were also taken to Watford General Hospital for further care, following two ambulances and an ambulance officer being called to the scene at 9.56am. Information on their injuries is not known at this time.
The heavy goods vehicle has been righted, according to Highways England at around 3pm, and the clean up process is ongoing.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills
Disruption is expected to continue until 8pm, and driverd are advised to find another route.