St Albans chef enters national sausage roll competition
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans chef will be showing off his skills in The Great Sausage Roll Off.
Alex Tomasso from The Weeping Chef street food stall is taking part in the competition.
This year's event will see 20 chefs fighting for the title and will also raise money for Hospitality Action.
Hosted by award-winning beer and food writer Melissa Cole, chefs from across the country will be descending on The Red Lion to create the ultimate sausage roll. This year's Michelin star-studded judging panel comprises of TV celebrity chefs from across the country.
Licensee Angus McKean said: "Every year, the competition gets bigger and better and this year is our strongest line up ever. I can't wait to see the weird and wonderful combinations of pastry, filling and accompaniments the chefs will submit."
You may also want to watch:
The competition will be at The Red Lion in Barnes at 7pm on Wednesday February 5.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team