St Albans chef enters national sausage roll competition
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans chef will be showing off his skills in The Great Sausage Roll Off.
Alex Tomasso from The Weeping Chef street food stall is taking part in the competition.
This year's event will see 20 chefs fighting for the title and will also raise money for Hospitality Action.
Hosted by award-winning beer and food writer Melissa Cole, chefs from across the country will be descending on The Red Lion to create the ultimate sausage roll. This year's Michelin star-studded judging panel comprises of TV celebrity chefs from across the country.
Licensee Angus McKean said: "Every year, the competition gets bigger and better and this year is our strongest line up ever. I can't wait to see the weird and wonderful combinations of pastry, filling and accompaniments the chefs will submit."
You may also want to watch:
The competition will be at The Red Lion in Barnes at 7pm on Wednesday February 5.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park