St Albans chef enters national sausage roll competition
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans chef will be showing off his skills in The Great Sausage Roll Off.
Alex Tomasso from The Weeping Chef street food stall is taking part in the competition.
This year's event will see 20 chefs fighting for the title and will also raise money for Hospitality Action.
Hosted by award-winning beer and food writer Melissa Cole, chefs from across the country will be descending on The Red Lion to create the ultimate sausage roll. This year's Michelin star-studded judging panel comprises of TV celebrity chefs from across the country.
Licensee Angus McKean said: "Every year, the competition gets bigger and better and this year is our strongest line up ever. I can't wait to see the weird and wonderful combinations of pastry, filling and accompaniments the chefs will submit."
You may also want to watch:
The competition will be at The Red Lion in Barnes at 7pm on Wednesday February 5.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 5 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 6 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 'Nothing will take away what she has done to our daughter'
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier