Cheers! St Albans’ Waterend Barn pub to hold 17-day cider festival
- Credit: Archant
Cider lovers will be able to enjoy a range of their favourite tipples during a St Albans pub’s 17-day festival.
The cider festival will take place at Waterend Barn in St Peters Street from Friday, July 7 until Sunday, July 23.
The pub will offer 15 ciders, including some not previously available at the pub and the others produced exclusively for the festival.
There will also be award-winners among the available ciders.
As well as apple and pear, there will also be ciders made with elderflower, strawberry, rum and raisin, as well as toffee-apple and ginger, lychee and ginseng.
You may also want to watch:
All of the ciders will cost £2.95 a pint.
Pub manager Stephen Baldwin said: “Waterend Barn will be offering a superb selection of craft ciders during the festival.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 6 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 9 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 10 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
“Cider is the perfect drink to enjoy during the summer and we believe that the festival will appeal to cider lovers as well as those enjoying cider for the first time.”
Tasting notes, describing all of the ciders, will be available.