Cheers! St Albans’ Waterend Barn pub to hold 17-day cider festival
- Credit: Archant
Cider lovers will be able to enjoy a range of their favourite tipples during a St Albans pub’s 17-day festival.
The cider festival will take place at Waterend Barn in St Peters Street from Friday, July 7 until Sunday, July 23.
The pub will offer 15 ciders, including some not previously available at the pub and the others produced exclusively for the festival.
There will also be award-winners among the available ciders.
As well as apple and pear, there will also be ciders made with elderflower, strawberry, rum and raisin, as well as toffee-apple and ginger, lychee and ginseng.
All of the ciders will cost £2.95 a pint.
Pub manager Stephen Baldwin said: “Waterend Barn will be offering a superb selection of craft ciders during the festival.
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 3 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 4 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 5 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 6 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
- 7 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 8 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 9 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
“Cider is the perfect drink to enjoy during the summer and we believe that the festival will appeal to cider lovers as well as those enjoying cider for the first time.”
Tasting notes, describing all of the ciders, will be available.