Cheers! St Albans’ Waterend Barn pub to hold 17-day cider festival
- Credit: Archant
Cider lovers will be able to enjoy a range of their favourite tipples during a St Albans pub’s 17-day festival.
The cider festival will take place at Waterend Barn in St Peters Street from Friday, July 7 until Sunday, July 23.
The pub will offer 15 ciders, including some not previously available at the pub and the others produced exclusively for the festival.
There will also be award-winners among the available ciders.
As well as apple and pear, there will also be ciders made with elderflower, strawberry, rum and raisin, as well as toffee-apple and ginger, lychee and ginseng.
You may also want to watch:
All of the ciders will cost £2.95 a pint.
Pub manager Stephen Baldwin said: “Waterend Barn will be offering a superb selection of craft ciders during the festival.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 10 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
“Cider is the perfect drink to enjoy during the summer and we believe that the festival will appeal to cider lovers as well as those enjoying cider for the first time.”
Tasting notes, describing all of the ciders, will be available.