Check your wellbeing and health with a free blood test at St Albans fitness centre
- Credit: Getty Images
For many people, the mere mention of a blood test makes the hairs on the back of the neck stand proud. But why is something that can hold such amazing levels of insights about our health so feared?
A team of physiologists and wellbeing experts is hoping to answer that question and showcase why blood tests should be encouraged rather than avoided at a free event in St Albans next week.
Nuffield Health St Albans Fitness and Wellbeing Club in Highfield Park Drive is playing host to a free Meet our Experts event on Wednesday September 20, inviting members and non-members, local residents and businesses to learn what we can find out about their health and wellbeing from a simple blood test.
Wellbeing lead Rebecca Palmer said: “There’s no denying we can learn a lot about our bodies by analysing our blood. All our members can get free cholesterol and blood glucose checks as part of their health MOTs, and for a more detailed look, our 360 and 360+ health assessments offer a full biochemistry profile including liver and kidney function.
“If you have a specific concern with regards to your health, you can also view and book a range of blood tests online, and we’ll even provide your referral if you don’t have one from your GP. Understanding your body inside and out is one of the things that makes us specialists in you.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “The aim of this free event is to encourage non-members to take a blood test and find out more about their blood glucose and cholesterol.
“Guests will also have access to the wide range of facilities available at the club and the opportunity to get involved in some of the fitness challenges set by the team. So whether you fancy giving gym floor challenges or group exercise classes a go, or simply want to take a dip in the pool and then relax in the sauna, it’s all under one roof.”
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
The day also includes seminars on keeping a healthy heart, and wellbeing, glucose and cholesterol, which take place at 9.30am and 10.30am. Express health MOTs take place throughout the day from 8am to 8.30pm, and take 15 minutes.
To book your attendance at the Meet Our Experts event at Nuffield Health St Albans Fitness & Wellbeing Club visit www.nuffieldhealth.com/meet-our-experts