Charity speed-dating night with St Albans author
- Credit: Archant
A true crime author will be holding a charity speed dating and party night in St Albans this weekend.
Author Jason Cook, who has written books based on his own life as a gangster’s runner, will be holding the event at The Slug and Lettuce to raise money for the British Heart Foundation.
The event, at 7pm on Saturday, March 4, is hosted by Jason’s production company The Way Forward Film Productions and will raise awareness of his 2017 book launch and the film which is being made of his books. There will also be special guest appearances by international hip hop performer Cream and Jazzy Jim from ITV’s ‘Deals, Wheels and Steals’.
Jason, a recovering drug addict, became a gangster’s runner to fund his habit and started writing while in prison. His books include ‘There’s No Room For Jugglers In My Circus’, ‘The Gangster’s Runner’ and ‘A Nice Little Earner’, which is being published later this year. He has also written a children’s book, and the fifth and final installment of his crime series.
A father of four, Jason now works as a bouncer and helps out in drug workshops and in the fight against drug and gun crime.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £15 per person and include free champagne and a buffet. Speed-dating is optional.
To buy a ticket click here.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant