Charity speed-dating night with St Albans author
- Credit: Archant
A true crime author will be holding a charity speed dating and party night in St Albans this weekend.
Author Jason Cook, who has written books based on his own life as a gangster’s runner, will be holding the event at The Slug and Lettuce to raise money for the British Heart Foundation.
The event, at 7pm on Saturday, March 4, is hosted by Jason’s production company The Way Forward Film Productions and will raise awareness of his 2017 book launch and the film which is being made of his books. There will also be special guest appearances by international hip hop performer Cream and Jazzy Jim from ITV’s ‘Deals, Wheels and Steals’.
Jason, a recovering drug addict, became a gangster’s runner to fund his habit and started writing while in prison. His books include ‘There’s No Room For Jugglers In My Circus’, ‘The Gangster’s Runner’ and ‘A Nice Little Earner’, which is being published later this year. He has also written a children’s book, and the fifth and final installment of his crime series.
A father of four, Jason now works as a bouncer and helps out in drug workshops and in the fight against drug and gun crime.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £15 per person and include free champagne and a buffet. Speed-dating is optional.
To buy a ticket click here.
- 1 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 2 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 3 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 4 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 5 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 6 Police hunt man suspected of breaking into Cathedral collection boxes
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 St Albans GP publishes guide to living