Charity to host first ever Christmas market at hotel in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A charity is hosting its first ever Christmas market at a hotel in Redbourn.
There will be 25 stalls selling a variety of gifts at The Hospice of St Francis’ first ever yuletide market, including handcrafted jewellery, vintage books, ipad art, children’s clothes, toys, Himalayan wellbeing salts, and animal treats.
Children can get stuck in with festive crafts and adults can try their hand at wreath making.
Any notes to Santa Claus can also be sent to the North Pole from a special postbox at the event - each letter will receive a personal response before Christmas.
Head of community fundraising at the hospice, Lucy Hume, said: “We are really excited about our first ever Christmas market. It’s the perfect opportunity to pick up gifts and treats for loved ones and, with children’s crafts to keep the little ones busy while you browse the stalls, there should be something to keep everyone happy.”
You may also want to watch:
It will take place at Aubrey Park Hotel from 10am to 4pm on December 1. Entry is £2.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development