Charity group holds haunting fundraiser around St Albans city centre
A SPOOKY sponsored walk has helped a group of charitable women from St Albans raise �100 for charity. Twenty-one members of the St Albans circle, a social group for women aged between 18 and 45, embarked on a fancy dress ghost walk around St Albans last W
A SPOOKY sponsored walk has helped a group of charitable women from St Albans raise �100 for charity.
Twenty-one members of the St Albans circle, a social group for women aged between 18 and 45, embarked on a fancy dress ghost walk around St Albans last Wednesday, October 28, in aid of local charity Earthworks.
Dressed head-to-toe in Halloween attire, the group followed a St Albans Tour Guide to some of the spookiest spots in St Albans, including The White Hart pub on Holywell Hill where a number of ghost sightings have been reported.
Chair of St Albans Circle Marianne Jordan said: "With witches, devils, pirates and even a giant pumpkin in the group, I think any ghosts that dared to spook us would've been scared off first! The walk was a great way to have fun and raise money for charity, so it was perfect for the St Albans Circle."
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the Circle and their upcoming events, which include a burlesque masterclass and a medieval banquet, visit www.stalbanscircle.org.uk or email email@example.com
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly