Charity event in aid of St Albans Home-Start
- Credit: Archant
Staff from a St Albans chartered accountants hosted a Mother’s Day event for local mums, carers and young children to celebrate their 110th year of business.
The Mercer & Hole event at Waterstones was organised to celebrate families and heighten the profile of local charity, Home-Start, which works with families to provide practical and emotional support, tailored to their individual needs and circumstances.
On the day, children listened to stories, sung nursery rhymes and took part in colouring a Mother’s Day card.
Mercer & Hole private client partner Helen Price said “It was wonderful to see so many families embracing the event and coming together to celebrate Mother’s Day. I am pleased that we were able to collaborate with Home-Start to provide such a fun-filled morning and to bring attention to the valuable work of the charity.”
Suzy Moody from Home-Start added: “The event went well and it was really good to see so many families involved. All the children enjoyed the entertainment and lots of beautiful sparkly Mother’s Day cards were made. It was a great opportunity for Home-Start to work alongside a local business whilst raising awareness in the community.”
Throughout the year, Mercer & Hole will be carrying out other goodwill gestures in the local community to celebrate their anniversary.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 9 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 10 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford