Charity event in aid of St Albans Home-Start
- Credit: Archant
Staff from a St Albans chartered accountants hosted a Mother’s Day event for local mums, carers and young children to celebrate their 110th year of business.
The Mercer & Hole event at Waterstones was organised to celebrate families and heighten the profile of local charity, Home-Start, which works with families to provide practical and emotional support, tailored to their individual needs and circumstances.
On the day, children listened to stories, sung nursery rhymes and took part in colouring a Mother’s Day card.
Mercer & Hole private client partner Helen Price said “It was wonderful to see so many families embracing the event and coming together to celebrate Mother’s Day. I am pleased that we were able to collaborate with Home-Start to provide such a fun-filled morning and to bring attention to the valuable work of the charity.”
Suzy Moody from Home-Start added: “The event went well and it was really good to see so many families involved. All the children enjoyed the entertainment and lots of beautiful sparkly Mother’s Day cards were made. It was a great opportunity for Home-Start to work alongside a local business whilst raising awareness in the community.”
You may also want to watch:
Throughout the year, Mercer & Hole will be carrying out other goodwill gestures in the local community to celebrate their anniversary.
- 1 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 2 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 3 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 8 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 9 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge