Charity dinner and auction at St Albans hotel in memory of Park Street Spurs fan
- Credit: photo supplied
Some tickets are still available for a charity dinner and auction being held at the White Hart Hotel in St Albans this weekend.
Proceeds from the event will be divided between When You Wish Upon a Star, RP Fighting Blindness – retinitis pigmentosa is a disease of the eye that leads to loss of vision and blindness – and Grove House.
The dinner is being held to remember the fundraising and celebrate the birthday of Trevor Hardy, of Park Street, who died last year from cancer, at the age of 55.
An avid Spurs’ fan, Trevor devoted his spare time to voluntarily coaching football at St Peter’s School in Cottonmill Lane, for 12 years.
The fundraiser is being held at 8.30pm on Saturda, November 7.
For tickets, details or to make a donation contact Nicola Mainwaring here.
You may also want to watch:
Trevor’s widow, Carol, thanked local businesses and friends for donating items for the auction and raffle. Grove House supported Trevor through his final days.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans