Charity dinner and auction at St Albans hotel in memory of Park Street Spurs fan
- Credit: photo supplied
Some tickets are still available for a charity dinner and auction being held at the White Hart Hotel in St Albans this weekend.
Proceeds from the event will be divided between When You Wish Upon a Star, RP Fighting Blindness – retinitis pigmentosa is a disease of the eye that leads to loss of vision and blindness – and Grove House.
The dinner is being held to remember the fundraising and celebrate the birthday of Trevor Hardy, of Park Street, who died last year from cancer, at the age of 55.
An avid Spurs’ fan, Trevor devoted his spare time to voluntarily coaching football at St Peter’s School in Cottonmill Lane, for 12 years.
The fundraiser is being held at 8.30pm on Saturda, November 7.
For tickets, details or to make a donation contact Nicola Mainwaring here.
You may also want to watch:
Trevor’s widow, Carol, thanked local businesses and friends for donating items for the auction and raffle. Grove House supported Trevor through his final days.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 7 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 8 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 9 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 10 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site