Charity bike ride in memory of hiking accident victim to pass through St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A charity bike ride which may be opened by Eyal Booker of Love Island will be passing through St Albans next month.
The fundraiser is in memory of David Minn who died in a tragic hiking accident in Argentina in January 2018.
A group of David’s friends and family will undertake a 35 mile cycle around Hertfordshire which will go through the Alban Way between Hatfield and St Albans.
The money raised will go to the EVE appeal, the only charity that researches into the five types of gynaecological cancers.
They are hoping to raise £15,000 for critical research. David’s sister Hayley is a carrier of breast cancer and has recently undergone successful preventative surgery.
You may also want to watch:
A friend of David’s, Jerry Goldsmith, said: “I am looking forward to the event and hope we have a good turnout to honour David’s memory and to raise funds for this very worthwhile cause.”
It starts at 9am on Sunday, May 12 with the route starting and finishing at Haberdashers Aske’s school for Girls, Elstree.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
To support the cyclists visit: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/davidminnbikeride2019