Charity bike ride in memory of hiking accident victim to pass through St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A charity bike ride which may be opened by Eyal Booker of Love Island will be passing through St Albans next month.
The fundraiser is in memory of David Minn who died in a tragic hiking accident in Argentina in January 2018.
A group of David’s friends and family will undertake a 35 mile cycle around Hertfordshire which will go through the Alban Way between Hatfield and St Albans.
The money raised will go to the EVE appeal, the only charity that researches into the five types of gynaecological cancers.
They are hoping to raise £15,000 for critical research. David’s sister Hayley is a carrier of breast cancer and has recently undergone successful preventative surgery.
You may also want to watch:
A friend of David’s, Jerry Goldsmith, said: “I am looking forward to the event and hope we have a good turnout to honour David’s memory and to raise funds for this very worthwhile cause.”
It starts at 9am on Sunday, May 12 with the route starting and finishing at Haberdashers Aske’s school for Girls, Elstree.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 6 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 7 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
To support the cyclists visit: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/davidminnbikeride2019