Charity bike ride in memory of hiking accident victim to pass through St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A charity bike ride which may be opened by Eyal Booker of Love Island will be passing through St Albans next month.
The fundraiser is in memory of David Minn who died in a tragic hiking accident in Argentina in January 2018.
A group of David’s friends and family will undertake a 35 mile cycle around Hertfordshire which will go through the Alban Way between Hatfield and St Albans.
The money raised will go to the EVE appeal, the only charity that researches into the five types of gynaecological cancers.
They are hoping to raise £15,000 for critical research. David’s sister Hayley is a carrier of breast cancer and has recently undergone successful preventative surgery.
A friend of David’s, Jerry Goldsmith, said: “I am looking forward to the event and hope we have a good turnout to honour David’s memory and to raise funds for this very worthwhile cause.”
It starts at 9am on Sunday, May 12 with the route starting and finishing at Haberdashers Aske’s school for Girls, Elstree.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 3 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 4 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 5 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 6 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 7 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 8 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 9 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 10 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
To support the cyclists visit: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/davidminnbikeride2019