Charity bike ride in memory of hiking accident victim to pass through St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A charity bike ride which may be opened by Eyal Booker of Love Island will be passing through St Albans next month.
The fundraiser is in memory of David Minn who died in a tragic hiking accident in Argentina in January 2018.
A group of David’s friends and family will undertake a 35 mile cycle around Hertfordshire which will go through the Alban Way between Hatfield and St Albans.
The money raised will go to the EVE appeal, the only charity that researches into the five types of gynaecological cancers.
They are hoping to raise £15,000 for critical research. David’s sister Hayley is a carrier of breast cancer and has recently undergone successful preventative surgery.
A friend of David’s, Jerry Goldsmith, said: “I am looking forward to the event and hope we have a good turnout to honour David’s memory and to raise funds for this very worthwhile cause.”
It starts at 9am on Sunday, May 12 with the route starting and finishing at Haberdashers Aske’s school for Girls, Elstree.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 8 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Author's new book explores mental health during the pandemic
To support the cyclists visit: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/davidminnbikeride2019