Changes to Radlett postal deliveries
- Credit: Archant
CHANGES to the way mail is delivered in the Radlett area could mean people getting their post delivered later than before.
From this week new delivery methods and revised routes are being introduced on a phased basis in the village.
Royal Mail maintains that postmen and women will continue to deliver in the morning and for a longer period during the day but while many customers will continue to get their post by lunchtime, it will depend where they live on the new delivery route.
As a result deliveries could be later – or possibly earlier – than previous delivery times as well as subject to change according to the amount of mail to be delivered.
Royal Mail says it has made the changes because fewer letters are being posted and it now delivers more larger items for which it is investing in new equipment to ensure secure delivery.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson said: “These changes will require a period of adjustment for staff. However, Royal Mail will be doing everything possible to maintain a high level of service and thanks customers for their understanding.”
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land