Changes to Radlett postal deliveries
- Credit: Archant
CHANGES to the way mail is delivered in the Radlett area could mean people getting their post delivered later than before.
From this week new delivery methods and revised routes are being introduced on a phased basis in the village.
Royal Mail maintains that postmen and women will continue to deliver in the morning and for a longer period during the day but while many customers will continue to get their post by lunchtime, it will depend where they live on the new delivery route.
As a result deliveries could be later – or possibly earlier – than previous delivery times as well as subject to change according to the amount of mail to be delivered.
Royal Mail says it has made the changes because fewer letters are being posted and it now delivers more larger items for which it is investing in new equipment to ensure secure delivery.
A spokesperson said: “These changes will require a period of adjustment for staff. However, Royal Mail will be doing everything possible to maintain a high level of service and thanks customers for their understanding.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival