Changes to Radlett postal deliveries
- Credit: Archant
CHANGES to the way mail is delivered in the Radlett area could mean people getting their post delivered later than before.
From this week new delivery methods and revised routes are being introduced on a phased basis in the village.
Royal Mail maintains that postmen and women will continue to deliver in the morning and for a longer period during the day but while many customers will continue to get their post by lunchtime, it will depend where they live on the new delivery route.
As a result deliveries could be later – or possibly earlier – than previous delivery times as well as subject to change according to the amount of mail to be delivered.
Royal Mail says it has made the changes because fewer letters are being posted and it now delivers more larger items for which it is investing in new equipment to ensure secure delivery.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson said: “These changes will require a period of adjustment for staff. However, Royal Mail will be doing everything possible to maintain a high level of service and thanks customers for their understanding.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant