Celebrity treatment for Strictly star Harry Judd’s Harpenden wedding
- Credit: Archant
McFLY drummer Harry Judd and his new wife Izzy Johnston this week shared intimate details of their wedding day which saw a taste of Strictly Come Dancing waltz its way to a hotel in St Albans.
Harry and his long-term girlfriend, who is a former member of string-quartet Escala, tied the knot at St Nicholas Church in Harpenden on the Friday before Christmas, surrounded by celebrity pals including football pundit Robbie Savage.
According to Izzy she was unable to sleep on the evening before the big day as she kept going over the steps to their ambitious first dance.
Harry, who won Strictly Come Dancing in 2011, spent 11 hours rehearsing the number with his bride-to-be, with the help of professional dancer Ian Waite.
The happy couple performed the dance to Michael Bublé’s Can’t Help Falling in Love during their wedding reception at St Michael’s Manor Hotel in Fishpool Street, St Albans.
Speaking to Hello! magazine Harry said: “It was just perfection. Genuinely the best day ever. Izzy looked absolutely beautiful.”
Along with his McFly bandmates he also performed a few tracks, and guests reportedly tucked into a cake topped with a glitterball trophy.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
On Twitter the next day the jubilant bride wrote: “Waking up being Mrs Judd this morning was the happiest moment of my life. Truly magical day full of tears, laughter and lots of love!”
The newlyweds met when Izzy, who is part of the renowned Johnston musical family in Harpenden, performed with McFly on their 2005 tour. Harry popped the question while they were holidaying in St Lucia last spring.