Celebrity treatment for Strictly star Harry Judd’s Harpenden wedding
- Credit: Archant
McFLY drummer Harry Judd and his new wife Izzy Johnston this week shared intimate details of their wedding day which saw a taste of Strictly Come Dancing waltz its way to a hotel in St Albans.
Harry and his long-term girlfriend, who is a former member of string-quartet Escala, tied the knot at St Nicholas Church in Harpenden on the Friday before Christmas, surrounded by celebrity pals including football pundit Robbie Savage.
According to Izzy she was unable to sleep on the evening before the big day as she kept going over the steps to their ambitious first dance.
Harry, who won Strictly Come Dancing in 2011, spent 11 hours rehearsing the number with his bride-to-be, with the help of professional dancer Ian Waite.
The happy couple performed the dance to Michael Bublé’s Can’t Help Falling in Love during their wedding reception at St Michael’s Manor Hotel in Fishpool Street, St Albans.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking to Hello! magazine Harry said: “It was just perfection. Genuinely the best day ever. Izzy looked absolutely beautiful.”
Along with his McFly bandmates he also performed a few tracks, and guests reportedly tucked into a cake topped with a glitterball trophy.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
On Twitter the next day the jubilant bride wrote: “Waking up being Mrs Judd this morning was the happiest moment of my life. Truly magical day full of tears, laughter and lots of love!”
The newlyweds met when Izzy, who is part of the renowned Johnston musical family in Harpenden, performed with McFly on their 2005 tour. Harry popped the question while they were holidaying in St Lucia last spring.