Celebrity events for brave St Albans cancer boy’s funds
A FUNDRAISING appeal to help a cancer-stricken boy in St Albans is set to receive a boost with two charity events featuring celebrities and plenty of entertainment this month.
Both evenings are to support 13-year-old Bailey Sarwa, whose friends and family are desperately trying to raise hundreds of thousands of pounds so he can receive antibody treatment overseas to fight a recurrence of neuroblastoma.
Havana on Victoria Street is hosting a red carpet event for the Bailey Sarwa Appeal on Thursday September 13, from 8pm till late.
Special guests will be attending the fundraiser which also features a disco, raffle and charity auction of sporting and entertainment memorabilia.
This includes a signed framed Manchester United shirt, two tickets to George Michael’s Symphonia concert at Earls Court (Wednesday, October 17) and a signed programme, a night for two at London’s Dorchester Hotel, signed Watford shirt and an England shirt signed by Ashley Young.
Phone Havana on 01727 862456 or email email@example.com to buy tickets, which are �15.
The Believe Ball, featuring Shane Richie’s band The Prelude, and fellow EastEnders star Patsy Palmer as DJ, is being held at Luton Hoo Hotel on September 29, at 6.30pm.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 7 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 8 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 9 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 10 Breakaway Theatre Company returns with an enjoyable day at the races in Ladies' Day
There are a huge number of items up for grabs at the auction and raffle including Elton John signed CDs, books and pictures, tickets to Mamma Mia, scrubs signed by the cast of Holby City, a champagne flight for two in a light aircraft, a boxing glove signed by Joe Calzaghe, and a photo signed by Sir Chris Hoy.
Tickets for the ball are �80, including three-course meal, entertainment and dancing.
For more information on the Believe Ball at Luton Hoo or to book tickets phone Louise on 07766 147017, Karen on 07961 904654 or Michelle on 07711 467342.