Celebrity events for brave St Albans cancer boy’s funds
A FUNDRAISING appeal to help a cancer-stricken boy in St Albans is set to receive a boost with two charity events featuring celebrities and plenty of entertainment this month.
Both evenings are to support 13-year-old Bailey Sarwa, whose friends and family are desperately trying to raise hundreds of thousands of pounds so he can receive antibody treatment overseas to fight a recurrence of neuroblastoma.
Havana on Victoria Street is hosting a red carpet event for the Bailey Sarwa Appeal on Thursday September 13, from 8pm till late.
Special guests will be attending the fundraiser which also features a disco, raffle and charity auction of sporting and entertainment memorabilia.
This includes a signed framed Manchester United shirt, two tickets to George Michael’s Symphonia concert at Earls Court (Wednesday, October 17) and a signed programme, a night for two at London’s Dorchester Hotel, signed Watford shirt and an England shirt signed by Ashley Young.
You may also want to watch:
Phone Havana on 01727 862456 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to buy tickets, which are �15.
The Believe Ball, featuring Shane Richie’s band The Prelude, and fellow EastEnders star Patsy Palmer as DJ, is being held at Luton Hoo Hotel on September 29, at 6.30pm.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
There are a huge number of items up for grabs at the auction and raffle including Elton John signed CDs, books and pictures, tickets to Mamma Mia, scrubs signed by the cast of Holby City, a champagne flight for two in a light aircraft, a boxing glove signed by Joe Calzaghe, and a photo signed by Sir Chris Hoy.
Tickets for the ball are �80, including three-course meal, entertainment and dancing.
For more information on the Believe Ball at Luton Hoo or to book tickets phone Louise on 07766 147017, Karen on 07961 904654 or Michelle on 07711 467342.