Celebrity cookbook launched in aid of Help for Heroes
A CELEBRITY cookbook has been put together by the family and friends of Captain James ‘Jim’ Philippson in his memory.
The charity cookbook – the latest in a long line of fundraising initiatives for the trust set up in his name – features a mix of recipes from stars such as Sir Cliff Richard, Dame Judi Dench and Jeffrey Archer, as well as serving soldiers, professional golfers, TV presenter and historian Dan Snow, professional chefs from Europe and Thailand together with the soldier’s family and friends.
Former St Columba’s pupil Capt Philippson, from Bricket Wood, died at the age of 29 in Afghanistan in June 2006 and became the first soldier to be killed in the NATO deployment in the country.
The Captain James Philippson Trust Fund was set up in his memory and since his death family and friends have worked tirelessly to raise more than �100,000 for causes that he would have supported.
All proceeds from the cookbook – called Dine in with the famous and friends of the Captain James Philippson Trust – will go to Help for Heroes and features 80 recipes with ideas for starters, main courses and desserts, as well as a couple of cocktails for good measure.
You may also want to watch:
Capt Philippson’s mum, Tricia Quinlan, said: “The Trust was set up to raise money to help soldiers and others, bearing in mind what Jim would want and so far more than �100,000 has been raised and donated to the military injured, cancer charities and others. This time we are concentrating on Help for Heroes as the need has grown so tragically.”
To obtain a copy of the cookbook in return of a �10 donation visit www.captainjim.org
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district