Celebrity chef Novelli's hot dish clears the kitchen

CELEBRITY chef Jean Christophe Novelli and his staff had to evacuate students of his cookery school after a fire broke out in the kitchen. He was on the point of taking a turkey out of the oven last Thursday when he noticed sparks erupting in the corner

CELEBRITY chef Jean Christophe Novelli and his staff had to evacuate students of his cookery school after a fire broke out in the kitchen.

He was on the point of taking a turkey out of the oven last Thursday when he noticed sparks erupting in the corner of the kitchen and realised the fuse box was melting rapidly.

A firm of electricians were called in to repair the fuse box at Novelli's cookery academy in Tea Green and the class was able to continue.

But as a result of the fire, the cookery school has been forced to close for refurbishment until mid January.

Novelli said: "This could have ended in a big disaster if the staff had not reacted so quickly.