Celebrity chef Novelli's hot dish clears the kitchen

PUBLISHED: 10:11 17 December 2008 | UPDATED: 13:48 06 May 2010

CELEBRITY chef Jean Christophe Novelli and his staff had to evacuate students of his cookery school after a fire broke out in the kitchen. He was on the point of taking a turkey out of the oven last Thursday when he noticed sparks erupting in the corner

CELEBRITY chef Jean Christophe Novelli and his staff had to evacuate students of his cookery school after a fire broke out in the kitchen.

He was on the point of taking a turkey out of the oven last Thursday when he noticed sparks erupting in the corner of the kitchen and realised the fuse box was melting rapidly.

A firm of electricians were called in to repair the fuse box at Novelli's cookery academy in Tea Green and the class was able to continue.

But as a result of the fire, the cookery school has been forced to close for refurbishment until mid January.

Novelli said: "This could have ended in a big disaster if the staff had not reacted so quickly.

If you value what this gives you, please consider supporting our work. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Herts Advertiser